Sunday, July 8, 2007

Where the hell does all the business come from?

Don speaks, Rachel types:

The mother was no spring chicken, but she ran the roost. She and her daughter arrived and were "blown away by the quality" of the albums. They said that our albums "far exceeded" their expectations. My response was: WE TRY HARD. I guess my mind always goes back to my second wedding when I turned in 12 blank pieces of film. No one taught me about the second shutter on the back of a speed graphic. It didn't matter if the first shutter was correct. If the second shutter, a curtain, was closed, you got jack-diddly-bob for an exposure. That means zip, notta, zilch (Rachel: blank film). I have never forgotten that and do everything I can to keep it from happening again. They booked for 2008 and will most likely choose a major upgrade to the album...because it is beautiful.



I told them both how I built the album. I sent 85 pictures to Italy with these instructions: female designer (better color acuity than male), design the album as if it was her sister's and she HAD to please her mother. Italy kept calling for instructions and preferences. I said: give the designer free reign. When the album came back, I was floored. It really looked gorgeous. I guess that was part of "trying hard" to plaase the customer.

No comments: